Fuller's London Porter Ale


Date:9/13/2007
Brewery:Griffin Brewery
Beer:Fuller's London Porter Ale
Origin:Chiswick, London, England
Style:English Porter
Container:11.2oz. Brown Glass Bottle
Purchased:Kegs & Barrels, Plano, TX
Price:$0 per Single Bottle
Alcohol:5.4% ABV
Brewer's Description:

Fuller’s London Porter is an award-winning example of this historic English style; smooth and creamy with delicious chocolate and coffee flavours.

The Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, London, has been brewing fine ales since 1654. The Fuller, Smith, & Turner partnership, dating back to 1845, brews an excellent range of award-winning ales, many of which are available in the USA, including London Pride Pale Ale and the world’s original ESB. I hope you will enjoy trying all our fine ales.

Appearance:Dark brown in color. Head is a tan color. Not long head retention. Too dark to see any bubbles rising.
Aroma:Has a very rich smell. I can smell the chocolate/coffee that they describe.
Taste:This seems very rich for beer. It has almost a burned/charred taste. I can associate that taste with malt, I suppose. It’s pretty distinctive. Most of its taste comes as aftertaste. I don’t taste much bitterness or hoppiness. This is the beer that the lady at Kegs & Barrels suggested as a benchmark for malt flavor.
Mouth Feel:It has a good feel. The carbonation level is good. It’s pretty creamy, but with carbonation release. It’s a little thicker (more viscous) feeling than others beers I’ve tried to date.
Drinkability:I think this is an aquired taste, but I think I could learn to like it without too much difficulty. I would buy it again if I was in the mood.
Score:5 / 10

Other links:

0 comments: